Last Monday, October 9, the Embassy organized a tasting of Argentine wines at the Official Residence, in the city of Pretoria.
The event was attended by four local importers: Vino, Liquidity, Premier Cru and Rupert & Rotschild, who introduced the characteristics of Argentine wines to the attendees and offered the bottles for the tasting.
The labels presented by each importer were:
- Trapiche, Torrontés, 2021.
- La Celia, Malbec Reserve, 2021
- Zuccardi, Valles Malbec, 2021
- Viña Cobos, Felino, Malbec, 2021
- Viña Cobos, Felino, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2020
c. Premier Cru:
- Catena Zapata, Catena Chardonnay, 2022
- Catena Zapata, Catena Malbec, 2021
- Catena Zapata, Catena Alta, Malbec, 2020
- Catena Zapata, Nicasia Vineyard, Malbec, 2020
- Catena Zapata, Malbec Argentino, Malbec, 2021
d. Rupert & Rotschild:
- Flechas de los Andes, Gran Malbec, 2017.
- Flechas de los Andes, Gran Corte, 2018
There was also a virtual participation of winemaker Agustín Alcoleas, from the Flechas de los Andes winery, who presented the history of the company, the production process and the technical characteristics of the wines available from his winery in the South African market.
The event made it possible to promote the labels marketed by local importers of Argentine wines among more than 20 representatives of restaurants, hotel chains, distributors, wine shops and wine bars operating in Pretoria and Johannesburg.